The RequirementsIn our organization, character and cultural fit are as important as competency. The right fit for this position embraces the following values:
- THTK: Totally Honest - Totally Kind: We work and live with great integrity, transparency, and compassion.
- Humble: We are modest, respectful, open and never arrogant, despite our successes. We grow by giving and accepting honest feedback, even when it is personally challenging.
- Heart & Soul: We seek a quality of expression that touches our deepest relationships beyond the surface. This perspective permeates the way we live, the way we work and the choices we make.
- Passionate: We love what we do, reach for the best, and strive to positively impact the lives of our guests, colleagues, franchisees, and vendors.
- Teamwork: We work collaboratively by capitalizing on the strengths of every member of our team and collectively own both our successes and our shortcomings.
- Innovation: With an open mind and fresh ideas we are continuously evolving and creating new possibilities in our products, the way we do business, and our interactions with others.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related area
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience (supply chain, logistics, procurement, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; the ideal candidate will also have experience working with Accounting and/or supply chain software
- The ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, meet tight deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work as part of a team and manage a diverse range of relationships with team members at all levels, including management, colleagues, partners, suppliers and customers, both from the U.S. and around the world
- Experience with supply chain in the food industry would be ideal
- Experience working with international vendors
Role OverviewNote: this is a high level overview of the role. To take a deeper dive into the details, see the Role Specifics tab.
Yogurtland is a franchisor, providing the brand (including the system, the name, and the know-how) as well as access to everything required to run the business, from contractors to build the store, to the actual frozen yogurt and toppings, to supplies and equipment to run the business. Under the Yogurtland umbrella, this position is part of Joseph Trading, the company that is responsible for providing everything used in the stores, including the yogurt, spoons, toppings, chairs, and other supplies. We either provide these items directly when possible, or recommend good sources.
As Supply Chain Specialist for Joseph Trading, you’ll report to the Senior Purchasing Manager and work side by side with a Senior Purchasing Coordinator to provide supply chain and procurement services to Yogurtland franchisees. You’ll connect with cross-functional members across the supply chain, marketing, logistics, R&D, and warehouse, as well as external vendors to help ensure quality, cost and delivery targets are met, and to help us manage supply chain activities as we actively expand both in the U.S. and internationally.
To accomplish this goal, you’ll spend a lot of your time connecting by phone and email with the rest of our organization and with vendors to ensure all associated tasks are completed correctly. Some of these tasks will be to monitor inventory and set par levels, help create forecasts, provide reporting to departments that need it, create POs, and much more. You’ll also be responsible for making sure everything is produced on time, stocked, and ready to go.
Though we have a number of standard vendors, you'll also work with our Senior Purchasing Manager to identify and source new vendors who meet our same high standards but are able to offer us a better cost, delivery speed, service and/or new and better product.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Role SpecificsNote: this is a detailed description of the role. To get the 30,000-foot view, see the Role Overview tab.
Though this list is not exhaustive, many of your areas of responsibility, with the associated specific tasks, can be broken down as follows:
Customers and Inventory
- Work closely with Customers to clearly define the product specifications and formulate demand plans.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders and work with Logistics to ensure timely delivery into warehouse.
- Manage the inventory balancing the demand volume, feasible supply lead times and quantities, and current inventory levels.
- Set, adjust, or maintain inventory par levels with the goal to have no product outages or shortages.
- Quickly gain proficiency in inventory processes for our distribution centers and learn usage, ordering patterns and seasonal trends of our products.
- Maintain supplier relationships and resolve delivery/invoice disputes with Suppliers as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor to ensure all delivery timelines are met.
- Work collaboratively with Paramount Diary (PD), our manufacturing sister company, to optimize production schedules and frozen yogurt inventory.
- Work with Higher Ground International (HGI), our affiliate sourcing company in Asia, to fulfill orders for international markets.
- Source for new and better Suppliers in terms of quality, cost, delivery speed, and service, and for new and better Products in terms of quality and cost.
- Provide insights and report supply chain metrics to Yogurtland, affiliate companies, suppliers, and distributors as needed for efficient supply chain management.
- Instruct and work with the Purchasing Coordinator to provide cost reports and analysis as needed.
- Identify, develop, and implement improvements for data accuracy and reporting.
- Assist in providing data for new product launches.
- Advise the Purchasing Manager on distribution issues.
- Complete special assignments, as requested.
Pictured: Yogurtland takes an imaginative approach to product development that creates innovative flavor combinations sold under the industry’s leading yogurt brand. Salted caramel hazelnut and kiwi raspberry are just a couple of examples. In fact, our team develops and introduces about 10 new flavors each quarter.
What's in it for you?Impact and development
With Yogurtland’s true vertical integration, you’ll have the chance to learn literally the whole supply chain, rather than being pigeonholed. For example, we touch the production schedule for the dairies, interface with marketing to determine the inventory needed for promotions, work with distribution channels to determine delivery, and more. In an overall sense, you’ll be grow your knowledge across the supply chain while making a big impact on the organization through your work.
Experience through growth
The Yogurtland group is growing, with 350 stores in the U.S. and more planned. We’re also opening stores internationally. This role will be a big support to this growth, and being part of an expansion like this will give you a great deal of experience in a shorter time. As part of the international expansion, you’ll work directly with a sister company overseas to help with sourcing there, and you’ll also have opportunities to help international sourcing come to the U.S.
In addition to on-the-job training opportunities, we are committed to helping employees learn and grow in your areas of interest. We can help mentor and nurture you, and help you find the right career path when you’re ready for the next step with the company.
Collaborative, values-based culture
We have worked hard to create an environment that is positive and upbeat. Because of our values, we treat one another with respect and there is a high level of trust and freedom. You’ll find a strong sense of shared goals in an environment that is energetic and fun.
We are a family-oriented company and the team here is close-knit. However, we also realize that everyone has lives outside of the office. In a role like this you’ll work the occasional evening and/or weekend, but we’re serious about work/life balance. We want our team to make a home here and be happy for years to come, so we’ll be proactive about helping you avoid burnout.
A company that cares
We care about our employees, our franchisees, the quality of our products and the quality of our work. We also care about the communities we serve and give back in a variety of ways. You can help us further build our community service programs. For example, in January 2016, Yogurtland founders Phillip and Michelle Chang announced plans to donate a portion of the company’s revenue to organizations that rescue and rehabilitate victims of human trafficking.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus program, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance; vacation and other paid time off; and more.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you’ll have enough experience to have gained an understanding of the flow of the supply chain. Added to that, you’ll have the common sense that it takes to assess the situation each day, figure out how to deal with moving variables, and work out solutions to any issues that may arise.
Our ideal candidate is very capable, but also willing to learn and take on any challenges that come your way. If you’re looking for a role where you can gain experience across the supply chain, you’re great at working with cross-functional team members and vendors, you’re ready to jump in wherever needed, and you enjoy learning along the way, then we want to hear from you!
About UsJoseph Trading is committed to providing best-in-class products, systems and tools that drive superior store-level economic performance. Our Research and Development team is dedicated to building the best international trading, co-packing, licensing and franchising partnerships. We are an honest company looking to build honest partnerships. We strive for success in all aspects of our businesses, and look forward to building and providing the best products.
This position will be hired by Joseph Trading, but working in service of Yogurtland.
Yogurtland. Make a bad day good . . . make a good day great
Every day at Yogurtland we get real. We focus on real flavors, real ingredients and real relationships with every one of our guests. This focus and philosophy started with our founder, Phillip Chang, who thought that a real experience began with letting guests choose what they want. And in 2006 he changed the frozen yogurt industry forever when he opened the first self-serve Yogurtland with only the highest quality frozen yogurt and toppings.
Choice and quality -- we think that sets us apart. And every day you tell us our frozen yogurt is the real reason you come to Yogurtland.
We start with creamy, fresh real pure California milk without antibiotics or added hormones. Then we add the world’s finest ingredients to bring pure deliciousness to your cup for flavors that taste like the real thing. Like thousands of pounds of pistachios, roasted to perfection, for our Pistachio frozen yogurt. Like combining real toasted coconut with the world’s best mangos for our Coconut Mango frozen yogurt. Like a ton -- yes, a full ton! -- of juicy, delicious tangerines for our Pineapple Tangerine Tart.
It takes real passion to seek out the finest, best-tasting ingredients for our frozen yogurt. We take flavor seriously. So seriously that we have a team of expertly skilled, culinary masterminds we call Flavorologists who bring these unique, custom, handcrafted flavors to your cup. Flavors you crave because we know who you are, and we know what you like, such as Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Maqui Berry Tart, Salted Caramel Pecan and Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet. Why do we bother? Because we know you are like us -- you want a real experience that means an authentic taste, mouthwatering quality and a treat for your taste buds.
You know Yogurtland tastes good, but did you know our yogurt is jam-packed with goodness, including Vitamin D and probiotics as well as Vitamin C in our fruit flavors? That’s real quality. Get real with flavor and quality you can taste. Get real at Yogurtland.